The Association of Swiss Cattle Breeders (ASR) is the umbrella organisation of the Swiss cattle breeding organisations.
The purpose of the ASR is the coordination of the tasks of its member organisations as well as the development of the required common PR tasks for cattle breeding in Switzerland and abroad. The ASR is the centre for matters of cattle breeding in Switzerland and abroad.
The objective is to be achieved particularly through:
- Coordination of the activities of the member organisations
- Joint processing of projects, particularly in the research and development area
- Cultivate the relations with the public authorities and other organisations
- Advice and support for the decision-making of politicians on national and canton level
- An active promotion of cattle breeding in Switzerland and abroad.